DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Dead
Vanished

Männlich Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 05.03.07

Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack Empty
BeitragThema: Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack   Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack EmptyDi Apr 15, 2008 8:39 pm

Sup guys? I finished testing out the new Legendary Map Pack, and they are legendary. Let me give you guys a review on this brand new map pack, that will keep you playing this game for a longer time.

Ghost Town: This is definitely up there on my favorites for the entire downloadable. There are lots of close quarter places and the map is somewhat balanced. The main problem is the brute shot. It spawns very close to a power drain which can make any gametype devastating for the opposing team. It's very difficult to defend against such a powerful weapon. The sniping areas are fair and this is really fun with assault, or team slayer.

The Forge abilities: Well, there's not a lot of places to put objects in. Since it is really close quarters, you will be spending most of your time editing small scenery and weapon placement. You may find yourself possibly utilizing the eye-squinting forge FX (a new feature in the map pack that can make your maps look black and white, old timey, or Gears of War style). But you can definitely get creative with infection.

Overall Rating: 8.8/10. Very good job on this original map

Blackout: Halo 2 players will rejoice with the exact replica of the map put into halo 3. The style of the map is almost like the style that elongation was in halo 2 (scenery-wise). Lots of computer rooms and red and blue lights. The weapons are very balanced, and players will be shocked to see that the sword, sniper, and brs are just where you left them last time you put down that halo 2 disc. This is not a very fun objective game map, but more for slayer and king of the hill. MLG will definitely include gametypes in this map in the future.

Forge: Well, you really can't forge much in this map to be honest. The map is really small, and it's cute that they added ghosts and mongooses, but who really wants to race with there is no where to drive. I guess a very creative engineer would be able to come up with a good idea on how to forge the map but you're really left with few objects. Good luck on editing this one.

Overall: 8/10. It brought back good memories but not enough was added to give it a better score.

Sidewinder (I mean Avalanche): For the Halo 1 players, think of one of your favorite maps, Sidewinder. Think of better graphics, added camouflaged vehicles, man cannons, and just everything good you could think of, and mix all those ingredients with Sidewinder. You'll get a Halo 3 map called Avalanche. Avalanche is truly a fun map to play. You can drive a fucking hornet in a matchmaking game for the first time! It's HUGE! But watch out vehicle whores, bungie put in a lot of traps, such as lasers or rockets, for those who are anti-pedestrian. And yes, riding a warthog into a base being launched by a mancannon is as fun as it sounds. This will give you memorable times while playing any gametype except for King of the Hill.

Forging: There many new objects that you can use to forge in this map. There are sniping perches, energy walls (which you cannot shoot or walk through, and fit snugly in convenient areas), and other new types of scenery. I also found that the Gears of War FX looked awesome on this map. I will give you screenshots of this later.

Overall: 9.3/10. Amazing job.

Overall with this map pack, it's definitely recommended by me and you should try it out! Buy the map pack while you can unless you're influenced by your parents/guardians not to. If you're also saving money for higher priorities do not download this. Only if you have nothing else to do.

If you have played these maps before or have any questions, here is the place to comment.

Zuletzt von jsk1016 am Mi Apr 16, 2008 4:00 pm bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack Icon_biggrin
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack   Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack EmptyMi Apr 16, 2008 3:07 pm

I'll download them this weekend, they sound awesome (except lockout, i always hated that map Razz) BTW the new forge effects sounds really cool.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack   Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack EmptyMi Apr 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Its called blackout now. Jesus. Get your facts straight. JK
Nach oben Nach unten
Dead
Vanished

BeitragThema: Re: Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack   Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack EmptyMi Apr 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Warhampster. The FX for forge are very innovative, but just not executed in the right way. Instead of having a brown/blue gradient map to be old-timey, they could have just had a Sepia gradient it would have been fine. The old-timey and nova FX really hurt your eyes. However, the Gears of War effect would be awesome for infection maps, and the gloomy and juicy ones make the game look a lot better.
******SPOILERS******This picture was not edited in photoshop at all. This is the Gears of War theme ******SPOILERS!!!!!******

And to grimreaper. This better not be your reaction once you download the new maps.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack Icon_biggrin
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack   Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack EmptyMi Apr 16, 2008 4:30 pm

frankie is a map maker?
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Dead
Vanished

BeitragThema: Re: Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack   Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack EmptyMi Apr 16, 2008 4:31 pm

No. But I only know Luke and Frankie as the figures of bungie so I just added that in. Anyways, I love how at the end of the movie the indian guy pops up in the ad on the screen. jocolor
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack   Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Official Review of the Legendary Map Pack
Seite 1 von 1