DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

I hate Xbox 360

Nach unten 
+3
Kingraptor14
WarHampster
Sushi
7 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

Männlich Number of posts : 2286
Mood : I hate Xbox 360 Icon_neutral
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 16.01.07

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyDo Okt 08, 2009 11:55 am

I hate my xbox 360, its gonna cost me 950 SEK (somewere around 150 to 180 dollars) to send it to germany to get it repaired......
(my warrenty when out 2 months ago)
OR i could buy an Xbox core edition for 999SEK to 1300 SEK...... i realllllly REAALLLLLY planing on going mad, buy a fat ass sniper,
and find whoever is the top dog at microsoft and blow his head off.....

What do you guys think? ask my grandma for some finacial help and get a core or send it to germany?
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : I hate Xbox 360 Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyDo Okt 08, 2009 1:43 pm

If you can afford it I would get a core... it's not that much more expensive and will have less of a chance of breaking again.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyDo Okt 08, 2009 2:44 pm

and a get another 2 year warrenty.....so im probably gonna go for that, i saw u can get em really cheap in sweden =D so thats were im going xD
Nach oben Nach unten
Kingraptor14
Site Veteran (actually has like 2000 posts)

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 24.09.09

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyDo Okt 08, 2009 7:04 pm

get the Xbox 360 elite MW2 edition w/ 250 gb hard drive for only $299.99
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyFr Okt 09, 2009 9:04 am

why should i do that! i want the cheapest solution and by getting an elite id get a harddrive that id never ever use -_- (still have my old one you idiot)
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

Männlich Number of posts : 1198
User Title : Wise-man PuRpLeDuDe
Mood : I hate Xbox 360 Icon_rolleyes
Registration date : 23.02.07

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyFr Okt 09, 2009 5:46 pm

but you could always sell the hard drive
Nach oben Nach unten
http://skullking.subjectonline.com/
Kingraptor14

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyFr Okt 09, 2009 10:03 pm

unnecessary vulgarities,
but why the fuck do you buy anything new in the first place?
because its better than your old one.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySa Okt 10, 2009 9:03 am

-_-, dude i want to keep my saves, and i dont really give a shit as long as it works.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySa Okt 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Kingraptor14 schrieb:
unnecessary vulgarities,
but why the fuck do you buy anything new in the first place?
because its better than your old one.

important note;
elites aren't that great, they only have a bigger hard drive and a few more cables that can easyly be brought from any electronics store >.<
Nach oben Nach unten
GraveTracer
GraveTracer

Männlich Number of posts : 1435
User Title : Pwning since 2005
Mood : I hate Xbox 360 Icon_cool
Registration date : 03.02.07

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySo Okt 11, 2009 3:31 pm

I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't let users install their own hard drives. All the hard drives are is a 2.5 in. SATA drive inside of Microsoft's own enclosure. And if you open the enclosure, take the hard drive out, and try to put anew one it, it will brick your 360 if the hard drive is not 20, 60, or 120 gigabytes. And the prices are ridiculous. Seriously, 135 dollars for a 120 gigabyte hard drive. I got my 500 gigabyte hard drive for $60.

Math time:
13500 / 120 = 112 cents per gigabyte
6000 / 500 = 12 cents per gigabyte

I understand Microsoft needs to make money, but charging ~ 10 times the going rate is just wrong. I could understand if they sold an enclosure for $30, made the 360 support any size NFTS hard drive, and then sold pre made hard drive in enclosure bundles for idiots.

Also, Sony isn't any better. I was actualy considering getting a PS3, and then pimping it out with Ubuntu and a 500 gb hard drive and using it as a home media player. Then I found out that the newer PS3 systems can't play PS2 games. I was kind of disapointed, but it's not a deal breaker. Then the PS3 Slim came out. This crushed my hopes and dreams. Users can no longer install their own OS, and you can't put in your own hard drive. In addition, Sony is not making any origenal PS3's anymore, so users who actualy wanted the features are screwed.

In conclusion, I'll stick with PCs for gaming (superior graphics and more features FTW), and if I want a home media center, I'll build my own.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySo Okt 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Think like Microsoft.

Who plays videogames nowadays? Everyone.

How many people know anything about technology? Very few.

Therefore, how many people will know or understand that they're getting ripped off? Not enough for Microsoft to lose money.

The same reasoning applies to Sony, but they're not as bad... you can always buy an older model off of eBay or something (installing a different OS works and is supported on non-slims even with the latest software update.
Nach oben Nach unten
GraveTracer
GraveTracer

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySo Okt 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I hate it when people say that "kids these days know more about technology," etc. No, they don't, I'm willing to bet that the average computer user today knows less than the average computer user 15 years ago.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySo Okt 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Well, back in the days of DOS, ect, you actually had to know a little about how computers worked to use them. Now everything is "plug 'n play."
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySo Okt 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Pheonix schrieb:
I hate it when people say that "kids these days know more about technology," etc. No, they don't, I'm willing to bet that the average computer user today knows less than the average computer user 15 years ago.

kids these days would... if it weren't for damn Microsoft!

and pheonix, pc games suck online, they suck up broadband like a sponge, where's XBL is very good when it comes to datausage, but I guess it doesn't matter for you guys over in the states...

but yeah true story, I was sitting in class doing nothing waiting for windows to boot up and the teacher came in and said "you! why aren't you working" which I replied "I'm waiting for the pc to boot" and another guy in my class laughed and said "what boot? where's the boot?" lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySo Okt 11, 2009 9:02 pm

You should have thrown the PC at him Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptySo Okt 11, 2009 11:16 pm

WarHampster schrieb:
You should have thrown the PC at him Razz

I should have... it was a crap pc so I would also do the school a favor but.... I think it would have come back a bit me somehow lol
Nach oben Nach unten
GraveTracer
GraveTracer

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyMo Okt 12, 2009 4:23 am

Skullking schrieb:
Pheonix schrieb:

and pheonix, pc games suck online, they suck up broadband like a sponge, where's XBL is very good when it comes to datausage, but I guess it doesn't matter for you guys over in the states...

but yeah true story, I was sitting in class doing nothing waiting for windows to boot up and the teacher came in and said "you! why aren't you working" which I replied "I'm waiting for the pc to boot" and another guy in my class laughed and said "what boot? where's the boot?" lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

What? My internet sucks, but PC games still work fine. Also, I would have stabbed that kid.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyMo Okt 12, 2009 6:51 am

you arecorrect, most people in our generation (16 to 18) know virtually nothing about computers.....

i dont know much....but i have atleast managed to make a calculator that gives wrong results 1 out 10 times.... xD
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyMo Okt 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Pheonix schrieb:
Skullking schrieb:
Pheonix schrieb:

What? My internet sucks, but PC games still work fine. Also, I would have stabbed that kid.

what sucks about it, connection or datausage? I was talking about Datausage and in countrys that have shit plans(e.g. New Zealand, Australia, some other countrys), But part way through I remembered most of you guys lived in USA where it has good plans where you are not limited to say 10 or 5 gig Datausage a month... or even only 1-2 gigs!(most common one in NZ)

I know it sucks to live in NZ when it comes to Datausage...

Sushi schrieb:
i dont know much....but i have atleast managed to make a calculator that gives wrong results 1 out 10 times.... xD

OMG! I want it! I love having a disadvantaged over other students lol!
Two true storys:
1. In a chem class we were doing all these enthalpy changes and DeltaH Changes and all I had was your basic calculator with "+ - / *" and the numbers,(and using my head half the time) and I was spinning out correct answers faster than anyone else and they all had graphic calculators. lol!

2. I went into my mock calculist exam with only a scientific calculator, sure there was an entire paper I couldn't do because I didn't bring a graphic one but hey I had fun... and I had to do everything the long way lol god.... it was horrible and fun at the same it? lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Kingraptor14

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyMo Okt 12, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm pretty sure its called a graphing calculator.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyMo Okt 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Skullking schrieb:
limited to say 10 or 5 gig Datausage a month... or even only 1-2 gigs!(most common one in NZ)

Holy shit... I download that much in a day!
Nach oben Nach unten
GraveTracer
GraveTracer

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyMo Okt 12, 2009 4:13 pm

WarHampster schrieb:
Skullking schrieb:
limited to say 10 or 5 gig Datausage a month... or even only 1-2 gigs!(most common one in NZ)

Holy shit... I download that much in a day!

When my internet is working (well), I download and upload a total of about 1.5 gigs per day. When it isn't, I download/upload around 300 megs per day.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyMo Okt 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Kingraptor14 schrieb:

lol! never heard it said like that lol!
considering that It says on it and the box its packaged in "Graphic Calculator Casio blah blah blah"

and warhampster, yeah I know it sucks... we have 5 gig broadband here... which is why I never played halo with you guys lol xbl is ok tho...
Nach oben Nach unten
Cloud.7
Special User
Special User
Cloud.7

Männlich Number of posts : 330
User Title : P.I.T- photo-shopper in training
Mood : I hate Xbox 360 Icon_razz
Registration date : 10.05.07

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyDi Okt 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Pheonix schrieb:
I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't let users install their own hard drives.

There is a simple answer to that my friend, they want to make more money. Think about it, if you can get a gig for 12 cents then Microsoft can get 5 for 2 cents, and when they charge you 112 for one gig, then they make about 4.60 per gig. Which is well, business. Why else do you think they would risk making the number of people who can afford their product if they didn't make huge bank off it when those few who can do actually put the money into buying the more expensive one. All in all, the console gaming industry is much like the car industry, the big bulky ones cost just as much to make as the little ones, but you can charge more for an SUV then a sub-compact.

also -- raptor

Zitat :

not quite. a graphing calculator can do all the things a scientific calculator can
but, a scientific calculator usually has more keys associated with science, like the little (g) underscore etc.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 EmptyDi Okt 13, 2009 4:47 pm

"A scientific calculator has more to do with science"

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

I hate Xbox 360 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: I hate Xbox 360   I hate Xbox 360 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

I hate Xbox 360
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter