DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

The meaning of life (2)

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

Männlich Number of posts : 2286
Mood : The meaning of life (2) Icon_neutral
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 16.01.07

The meaning of life (2) Empty
BeitragThema: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySa Feb 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Zitat :
whats the meaning of life?

I know it is 42,

but other than that?

And not on a submolecular level, i am talking about the general meaning of life on earth, what do all humans strive for (except sex and free beer)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|My theory|

For the selected group here on WHMT i belive it is to mindlessly disscus what ever pops into our brains.

For the general human race i belive it is "What is our purpose, why are we "we" and are we alone?"

And even more general, the meaning of life is to find the meaning of life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what i want you to do isto speculate about what you think the meaning of life is (humor is welcomed, just not as much trolling as the last time) And when you have formulated a smart, yet funny response i wish for you to post it here.

(btw i read back on some of the old topics, and i gotta say im sorry for being such a brat....)
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : The meaning of life (2) Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySa Feb 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Pretty much by definition, if you don't believe in a religion then you also believe there is no meaning to life. I would say that I'm agnostic, which translates to "if there is a meaning to life, then we will never know it."
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
No
Official Site Downer

Männlich Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 05.05.08

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySa Feb 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Pretty much with WarHampster, here, but a little more cynical. The way I see it, life is an anomaly. The fact that a primordial ooze was stirred in such a way that it started to have chemical reactions that caused reproduction is amazing.

That's my meaning of life: It's amazing. As for what we strive for? It depends person to person, but I've always seen it as expanding our knowledge of everything around us and having a good time.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

Männlich Number of posts : 1198
User Title : Wise-man PuRpLeDuDe
Mood : The meaning of life (2) Icon_rolleyes
Registration date : 23.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySa Feb 13, 2010 11:06 pm

survival, thats all there is to it.
To survive and be the best.

And I know that isn't enough to satisfy most people, which is why religion and other beliefs come into play.
The are just mare creations to help humanity as a species survive and carry on.

So in sort there is no meaning of life but to find a will to survive.
And that includes the will "to find the meaning of life."
Nach oben Nach unten
http://skullking.subjectonline.com/
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySo Feb 14, 2010 2:00 am

hmm paul has a point there, the whole question is flawed. Sientists have calculated our galaxy to contain somewhere around 10 billion inhabital planets, and out of those only around 10 million should have any form of life, so think of how many planets there are in our galaxy (quite alot, but heck i cant remember the number), and then the estimated amount of planets with life, it would seem plausable to say that planets with life are a reoccuring anomaly (i think i just lost my trail of thought)

Anuway i think pauls point is correct, we are an anomaly, but for our sake i hope that there is other intelligent life in the galaxy and i hope that they find us, cause we sure as hell aint going anywere with Obama's plans for the space program, and i dont really see the russians going anywere with it either....
Nach oben Nach unten
Rickenbacker
Ambassador of Funkytown
Rickenbacker

Männlich Number of posts : 4245
User Title : Eyebrows...
Mood : The meaning of life (2) Icon_eek
Registration date : 20.12.06

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySo Feb 14, 2010 3:39 am

To find the meaning of human life, you must first see how small we as a race are. We are small compared to the rest of the universe, extremely small. There is a *insert very huge number here*/1 chance that we are meant to do any grand or meaningful action, that affects any aspect of reality. Humans were born to think, that's what we've been from the start. Processing different types of data, and taking them into account when we act out to interface with our environment. The very fact that we cannot grasp extremely large amounts of data (Example: How much time there is between now and the end of the universe), proves that we are not able or were originally intended to make any difference whatsoever.

In conclusion, we have no purpose. We have no original meaning, we are not some key that fits into a special lock. We are humans, and we are very small among the vast numbers of possibilities in the ever expanding universe.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

Männlich Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 05.05.08

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySo Feb 14, 2010 7:18 am

In a similar vein, I hate how I can't imagine infinity.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySo Feb 14, 2010 9:26 am

Amen to that, brother
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : The meaning of life (2) Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySo Feb 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Rickenbacker schrieb:
There is a *insert very huge number here*/1 chance that we are meant to do any grand or meaningful action, that affects any aspect of reality.

"Meant to do anything?" Nothing's predetermined, whether or not we'll accomplish anything is up entirely to us (I'm not particularly optimistic, but whatever).
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

Männlich Number of posts : 1198
User Title : Wise-man PuRpLeDuDe
Mood : The meaning of life (2) Icon_rolleyes
Registration date : 23.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) EmptySo Feb 14, 2010 1:33 pm

WarHampster schrieb:
"Meant to do anything?" Nothing's predetermined, whether or not we'll accomplish anything is up entirely to us (I'm not particularly optimistic, but whatever).

You think so? I reckon time and universe is all laid out. But that's going offtopic. I think ima make a topic for it.

and don't worry about the space program sushi, us New Zealanders will perfect space travel.
Infact we just launched our first rocket into space a few months back,
we manage to get 120km into the air before gentle hurtling back to earth.
Progress is good. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
http://skullking.subjectonline.com/
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: The meaning of life (2)   The meaning of life (2) Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

The meaning of life (2)
Seite 1 von 1