DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

The Kapitalist indoctrination!

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

Männlich Number of posts : 2286
Mood : The Kapitalist indoctrination! Icon_neutral
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 16.01.07

The Kapitalist indoctrination! Empty
BeitragThema: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! EmptyDi Apr 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Well i guess this applies to all of us who live, or have lived in the US and when to american elementary school (i dont know if they do it in highschool and so on)

Anyhow, i still remeber that every morning when we got marched into school we had to pledge our akllegence to the flag and the United states of America, and as soon as someone says "pledge" it pops into my mind.......

"I pledge my/of allegence to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under god, in the visible(or is it indevisable?), with liberty and justice for all."

I remeber every word by heart because i had to say it every morning from first to fourth grade......is this something that all children in the US do?
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

Männlich Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 05.05.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! EmptyMi Apr 07, 2010 10:28 am

indivisible*, as in you can be divided.

And yes, most children in the US do it. giggity
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : The Kapitalist indoctrination! Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! EmptyMi Apr 07, 2010 11:57 am

I remember having to do that every morning in elementary school... every once in a while there's a controversy over the "under God" part.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
GraveTracer
GraveTracer

Männlich Number of posts : 1435
User Title : Pwning since 2005
Mood : The Kapitalist indoctrination! Icon_cool
Registration date : 03.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! EmptyMi Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Sushi schrieb:
Well i guess this applies to all of us who live, or have lived in the US and when to american elementary school (i dont know if they do it in highschool and so on)

Anyhow, i still remeber that every morning when we got marched into school we had to pledge our akllegence to the flag and the United states of America, and as soon as someone says "pledge" it pops into my mind.......

"I pledge my/of allegence to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under god, in the visible(or is it indevisable?), with liberty and justice for all."

I remeber every word by heart because i had to say it every morning from first to fourth grade......is this something that all children in the US do?

I pledge alegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America; And to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, (under god,) indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I still have to say it in high school. Yeah, it is pretty much indoctrination. While I believe in a god, I leave out "under god" or replace it with "under dog" (somehow I doubt a god would favor the US over other nations). "Under god" was actually added to it in the fifties, as part of the red scare (For some reason, McCarthy'ists believed that communists couldn't say "under god," kind of like how witch hunters believed that witches couldn't say the "lord's prayer"). That's why I feel it should be removed, it violates our freedom of religion (gives preference to one religion).
Nach oben Nach unten
Rickenbacker
Ambassador of Funkytown
Rickenbacker

Männlich Number of posts : 4245
User Title : Eyebrows...
Mood : The Kapitalist indoctrination! Icon_eek
Registration date : 20.12.06

BeitragThema: Re: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! EmptyMi Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Pheonix schrieb:
That's why I feel it should be removed, it violates our freedom of religion (gives preference to one religion).

Only God can mean any being of a higher power or importance, so it doesn't do shit to religions unless it states no higher power of any kind.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

Männlich Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 05.05.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! EmptyMi Apr 07, 2010 3:38 pm

This makes me want to revive my anti-religion post. wat
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : The Kapitalist indoctrination! Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! EmptyMi Apr 07, 2010 5:27 pm

The "under God" is obviously referring to the Christian God... even if it wasn't, what about atheists/ non-monotheistic religions?
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: The Kapitalist indoctrination!   The Kapitalist indoctrination! Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

The Kapitalist indoctrination!
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
DIDNEY WORL :: Misc :: Chat-
Gehe zu: